The "Real" Sylvia

Sylvia is a beautiful seven year old silver chinchilla.  She’s very smart and somewhat tame. She’ll hold paws with you, and let you rub her between her ears or under her chin. And when she’s out hopping about the room, she’ll hop onto your leg and sit awhile.
I just became so intrigued with her. Chinchillas are extremely interesting animals. That’s probably why they’re classified as “exotic” pets.  They’re partially nocturnal, they can’t get wet (they take “baths” in volcanic dust), their teeth continually grow, and they have no scent or sweat glands.
My demented self would imagine Sylvia dressed up in a little Scouts uniform, selling Chilla Cookies door to door. Or in a little Chilla Suit, cannonballing into a dust bath. My imagination just rocks this way!
One day, I sat down and just started writing. I can picture it all in my head, and I try to write so the reader can too.  Check back for Sylvia's blog entries!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I'm a former educator, specializing in Reading, Writing, Spelling, and Creative Arts. I'm creative, imaginative, and a super hard worker and self-starter.
Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Recent Comments