How Sylvia Chilla Came to be...


I guess my Sylvia Chilla stories come from two sources. First off, our family had a Maine Coon kitten. Like a doting grandma, I wanted to dress her up in cute clothes. It started off innocently enough: a little jack o’lantern cap and matching ruff. Boy, did she look disgruntled! Next was a little Santa hat and beard. Cute cute cute.
After that, my husband Mark had to steer me away from pet clothes, teddy bear clothes, doll clothes, baby clothes. .           Question: do they make bikinis for cats? If so, I want one. Now.
My second source was Sylvia herself. Yes, Sylvia is a real chinchilla, our pet. She is so unusual, super-smart and loving, and I found myself imagining her dressed in a little Scouts uniform, in a bathing suit, wearing a cloche hat, a jeans skirt, pj’s. . . going to school, on trips, having adventures. . .
And so Sylvia’s Chinchilla-rific Adventures were born. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy creating them.

 

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I'm a former educator, specializing in Reading, Writing, Spelling, and Creative Arts. I'm creative, imaginative, and a super hard worker and self-starter.
Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Recent Comments